DDACL Vacancies August 2022
Dandenong & Districts Aborigines Co-operative is advertising for the following position:
Corporate Services Officer
About the Organisation:
The Dandenong & District Aborigines Co-operative Ltd (DDACL) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) which is governed by a community elected Board of Directors. It is committed to the provision of a high quality range of services which will foster and support positive and fulfilling lifestyles for individuals and families within our community. These services are delivered in a professional and efficient manner and in keeping with our culture, traditions and heritage.
DDACL’s Corporate Services Unit provides the support functions and technical guidance in specialist areas including Governance, Quality and Accreditation, Finance, HR, Infrastructure (fleet management, facilities and utilities) and Communications and Marketing to ensure that DDACL operates effectively and efficiently and can respond to the changing external and internal environment.
DDACL is a family friendly, flexible, supportive workplace that supports staff and encourages training and development. This position provides a great opportunity to work with the Aboriginal community in Southern Metropolitan Melbourne.
Summary of Position:
The position sits within the DDACL Corporate Services Unit and works closely with the CEO and Manager Corporate Services.
The Corporate Services Officer is responsible for the efficient management of DDACL’s infrastructure including Fleet, Properties and Facilities, Utilities, Security, Telephony and ICT/IM. A key focus of the role will be to review and continuously improve this infrastructure including reviewing needs, identifying gaps, re-contracting, and maintaining effective working relationships with contractors.
The Corporate Services Officer will also supervise the Administration Trainee.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination of all aspects of fleet lease management, including servicing, insurances and registration, and disposing of vehicles when they reach the end of their operational life
- Maintain a database of the DDACL fleet, including tags, inspections, maintenance, keys, first aid kits, fines, etc.
- Oversee the DDACL vehicle booking system.
- Develop and maintain fleet contracts and supplier relationships for the benefit of DDACL.
- Coordinate incident reporting and vehicle repairs associated with accidents or vehicle damage.
- Undertake regular reviews of the DDACL fleet including changing needs, gap analysis, future planning and re-contracting if required.
Properties and Facilities Management:
- Oversight of the repairs and maintenance of DDACL sites, including a schedule of maintenance and tagging/testing.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance are completed to a high standard, so that DDACL buildings are safe, clean, functional and support service delivery.
- Manage building leases and contracts.
- Coordinate contract management for the repairs and maintenance of DDACL buildings, properties and utilities.
- Maintain good working relationships with contracts and suppliers for the benefit of DDACL.
- Undertake regular reviews of the DDACL properties and facilities including changing needs, gap analysis, future planning and re-contracting if required.
Security and Utilities:
- Oversight and maintenance of all security services – keys, alarms, tracking, cameras
- Maintain good working relationships with contracts and suppliers for the benefit of DDACL
- Undertake regular reviews of DDACL’s security and utilities including changing needs, gap analysis, future planning and re-contracting if required
Telephony, office machines and ICT/IM:
- Ensure DDACL’s telephony, office machines e.g. photocopiers and ICT/IM is fit for purpose.
- Management of ICT/IM licensing and maintaining up-to-date records of licences in compliance register.
- Undertake regular reviews of DDACL’s telephony, office machines and ICT/IM, including changing needs, gap analysis, future planning and re-contracting if required.
- Develop and implement best practice policies, systems and procedures relevant to the position.
- Ensure the communications Risk Management register is contemporary and maintain relevant compliance obligations.
- Coordination of taxi vouchers and associated record keeping.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant to maintain and up-to-date Asset Register.
- Supervision of the Administration Trainee.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Experience in asset management planning and implementation.
- Understanding of work health and safety requirements.
- Experience providing support to services delivered to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Cert IV in Business Administration or related qualification.
Knowledge and skills
- Project management.
- Problem solving.
- High level of attention to detail.
- High standard of communication skills, including the capacity to liaise with contractors.
A current unrestricted Victorian Driver’s Licence, a Working with Children Check and a Police Check are essential.
Evidence of full vaccination status.
- Ongoing employment is subject to funding availability.
- A 6-month probationary period applies.
As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as flexible working (subject to role), salary packaging, free onsite parking, 400 metre walk from Hallam train station, and access to additional leave on NAIDOC day as well as between Christmas and New Year.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
If working for an Aboriginal not for profit organisation where you can make a real difference to the community and working with a supportive experienced team who are purpose driven and focused on continuous improvement sounds appealing, apply now!
DDACL is committed to building a culture that values diversity and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities, especially those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by emailing your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DDACL MAIN OFFICE
62 Stud Road
Dandenong VIC 3175
Tel: (03) 8902 9700
BUNURONG HEALTH SERVICE
3 Carroll Avenue
Dandenong VIC 3175
Tel: (03) 9794 5933
87 Hallam South Rd
Hallam VIC 3976
Tel: (03) 8572 9100
(c) 2022 Dandenong & Districts Aborigines Co-Operative Limited